From: Tristan Linnenbank <tristan@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] open-iscsi
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:43:03
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm trying to get open-iscsi running. Emerging goes OK, but when
4 starting the service with /etc/init.d/iscsid start, the initiator
5 service cannot start.
6
7 Examing /var/log/messages, the following error is logged:
8 Apr 12 13:56:19 kayleigh iscsid: can not bind IPC socket
9
10 Additional info: running kernel 2.6.16-gentoo-r1 and using
11 sys-block/open-iscsi 1.0.514.
12
13 Next to open-iscsi I also tried linux-iscsi (not in portage, used the
14 tarball). Our storage provider suggested this. They got it running on
15 Debian using debian packages. This tarball doesn't compile using Gentoo.
16 Another storage provider uses open-iscsi with Suse, but this was also
17 done via a binary package.
18
19 Does somebody has experience with open-iscsi on Gentoo (not much to find
20 about using Google) and wants to share?
21
22 Thanks in advance
23
24 Kind regards,