From: Bryan Green <bgreen@××××××××.gov>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] examples of (large) Gentoo clusters
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:16:32
1 Donnie Berkholz writes:
2 > Bryan Green wrote:
3 > > Yes, I actually used those ebuilds to test Lustre on our "mini" 3x3
4 > > hyperwall which runs Gentoo. I was able to get it working, but over here
5 > > they want the supported, released version, whereas those ebuilds are for th
6 > e
7 > > beta. I tried to install the released version, but eventually ran into
8 > > problems. Also, since getting support from CFS is a requirement, that
9 > > restricts the OS choice to specific versions of Suse or Redhat.
10 >
11 > I guess that means we should get in touch with them to get on the
12 > supported systems list. =)
13
14 Sounds like a fine idea to me. :)
15 I talked to someone there at SC06, but they did not sound terribly open to
16 the idea of directing precious resources in that direction. But it would be
17 great to convince them otherwise.
18
19 -bryan
22 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list