From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-cluster] Cluster config tool?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:35:15
1 On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 14:00, Lombard, David N wrote:
2 > > Anyone know of a meta-tool designed to configure a large number of
3 > > different programs for clusters?
4 >
5 > Could you expand on this?
6
7 Programs using different mechanisms for clustering generally don't have
8 the same configuration file (MPICH, LAM-MPI, etc.). The point would be
9 to have one tool that would maintain a consistent cluster configuration
10 for all the necessary programs.
11
12 It occurred to me that cfengine might do this well, but I haven't had a
13 chnce to look into it.
14
15 On a side note, could you set up your email client to respond to threads
16 properly? Your post broke the thread, which makes it easy to lose your
17 posts on busier lists (even on this one, since I have a reasonable
18 number of emails in my archive). Often there's a "reply to list"
19 function or similar.
20 --
21 Donnie Berkholz
22 Gentoo Linux