From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] RSH/SSH?
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:47:36
1 ssh -vvv doesn't tell me where the failure happens. For now I have
2 given up on ssh and am just working on RSH. Seems that nobody knows
3 how to set RSH up on clusters. Problem is that 500+ ssh sessions can
4 eat p CPU time on the master in a hurry. Problem is that RSH has no
5 debugging information at all.. Closest I have gotten is getting
6 xinetd to warn on startup errors. Whats a guy got to do to get
7 information from his daemons? =)
8
9 (BTW, Why does everybody shrug off rsh? For clusters its perfectly
10 acceptable and if the cluster is large enough then its nearly required.)