From: Adam Carheden <carheden@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] PGI Compiles
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:16:50
1 Does anyone else out there use the PGI compilers, especially the fortran
2 compiler (pgf90)? Some packages (like netcdf) support it in the ebuild,
3 but it would be really nice to be able to use it by default. The trick
4 is adding it to the fortran eclass. I've got a custom version of the
5 fortran eclass in my overlay, but I also have to make a copy of the
6 package I want to use in my overlay and add pgf90 to the list. Easier
7 with Gentoo than other distros, but still a bit of a haste.
8
9 Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know if the devs have a
10 good reason not to include pgi in portage or if they just haven't got
11 around to it?
14 Adam Carheden
17 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list