From: Ulrich David <david.ulrich@×××××.ch>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] clvm/lvm2/device-mapper
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:42:19
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm quite confuse with lvm2 an clvm packages on gentoo amd64.
4
5 I have 2 xen-hosts domains0 using the same volume group (vg) including
6 logical volumes (lv) for the domainsU. The physical volume is on 2 SAN
7 (using raid1 lvm on logical volumes) with dual path. I use multipath-
8 tools to access the right path (access are active/enabled only).
9
10 So my domains0 have 4 access on storage system (2 on each volume, one
11 volume on each SAN). With multipath-tools I choose only one path per
12 volume. With LVM I have created some raid1 logical volumes on the 2
13 san-volumes I see on my hosts domain0. Each xen domainsU has access to
14 one lvm logical volume, but I need to have these logical volumes ready
15 to use on the second xen-server domain0 (for failback). So I need to
16 use a locking system to use my lvm volume group on the 2 domain0, right?
17
18 If I want to install clvm, the package is masked and "flagged in read
19 me" as "redondant" with lvm2. In lvm2 I can't get "clvm" flag to work
20 (it is in parentheses).
21 My packages versions are the stables ones :
22 sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.36
23 sys-fs/multipath-tools-0.4.7-r2 (0.4.8 doesn't work)
24 sys-kernel/xen-sources-2.6.18-r12
25
26 Do I need clvm? What must I do to having it working?
27
28 Another question. With recent versions of lvm2, I need to uninstall
29 device-mapper. How can I do it when multipath-tools depends on device-
30 mapper??
31
32 Best regards
33