From: Martin Bene <martin.bene@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Using high availability cluster ?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:43:59
1 > My trouble is that one of our customers is asking for a culster with 2
2 > machines (might be more in the future), that will do load balancing
3 > (one machine is not enough due to high trafic on the web
4 > server/mysql), and high availability (if one machine goes down, second
5 > one will still maintain up and working).
6
7 You're faced with an impossible requirement here:
8
9 If, as you've stated "one machine is not enough due to high trafic" a
10 single machine left over after a filure WON'T be able to keep you going.
11
12 For a high availability setup, you need a configuration where the
13 remaining node(s) after failure are still powerfull enough to carry on.
14
15 Bye, Martin
18 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list