From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] clvm/lvm2/device-mapper
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:15:18
1 On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:32:49PM +0100, Ulrich David wrote:
2 > If I upgrade multipath to 0.4.8-r1 on a running system with mounted
3 > partitions (using multipath-0.4.7-r2) :
4 Can you boot with 0.4.8-r1 at all?
5 I'm just interested what disks turn up.
6
7 I'm trying to get some access to a SAN mounted space elsewhere to test,
8 so I can debug it further, should know later today if I can get access.
9
10 > kpartx failed on mapping system4 which should be not mapped (I
11 > think, because its my extended base partition). The only thing which
12 > is changed is the addition of system4.
13 yeah, kpartx doesn't seem to be liking the extended partition, I'm not
14 100% sure why yet, but it's beyond the udev rules I'm sure.
15
16 > I hope this should help. If not I could mount a disk in my blades,
17 > install the system on the internal disk and try to mount a SAN
18 > volume on it with the same partition scheme. So I could better test
19 > it without boot problems.
20 If I can't get access to the test setup I wanted, I'll get back to you
21 on more detailed testing.
24 Robin Hugh Johnson
25 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
26 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
27 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85