From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] Fwd: Montana State CS Intel Cluster
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:29:39
1 Here is another Gentoo cluster that needs to be added to the list.
2
3 ----- Forwarded message from Levi Junkert <levi.junkert@×××××.com> -----
4
5 Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:39:41 -0600
6 From: Levi Junkert <levi.junkert@×××××.com>
7 To: dberkholz@g.o
8 Subject: Montana State CS Intel Cluster
9
10 Hey Donnie,
11
12 Thought I would send this picure in of our gentoo cluster I just
13 finished here at Montana State. The stats are below:
14
15 6 x Dual Xeon 2.0GHz HyperThreading (Top in picture)
16 -Fiber Gigabit Backbone (fiber from the trunk directly to the routers,
17 center in picture)
18 12 x Dual PIII 866MHz (bottom in picture)
19 -compute nodes, network boot
20
21 All systems are running Gentoo 2007.1 profiles. The PIII nodes are
22 network boot used as computational nodes only. All servers are
23 engineering models that were donated from Intel for grid computing
24 research (beta bios that took some hacks to get gentoo going with
25 them). Currently we are deploying a couple thesis and projects in the
26 neural network research category (ACM/IEEE submitting papers as well).
27
28 Anyways if it is possible for you to add us to the gentoo cluster page
29 that would be great! Thanks Donnie.
30
31 -Levi
34 ----------------------------------------------------------
35 Levi D. Junkert
36
37 Command and Data Handling
38 Space Science and Engineering Lab (SSEL)
39
40 Physics Department
41 Montana State University
42 264 EPS Building