From: "Andrew D. Fant" <fant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] Re: PGI Compiles
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:44:39
1 Has anyone approached PGI about a donation of a license for a development box
2 for us to test against? I've had good luck in dealing with them on issues
3 related to Gentoo (they don't sneer at it like some vendors). They even got me
4 a patch in 72 hours to their compiler to work around the fact that Gentoo seems
5 to handle /usr/lib, /usr/lib32, and /usr/lib64 the opposite of the other vendors
6 of amd64 distros.
7
8 It certainly never hurts to ask.
9
10 Adam Carheden wrote:
11 > I HAVE the ebuild for PGI (5.2, 6.0, 6.2.3, 6.2.5), but I'm not buying
12 > Gentoo a license.
13 >
14 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
15 >> Adam Carheden wrote:
16 >>
17 >>> Does anyone else out there use the PGI compilers, especially the
18 >>> fortran compiler (pgf90)? Some packages (like netcdf) support it in
19 >>> the ebuild, but it would be really nice to be able to use it by
20 >>> default. The trick is adding it to the fortran eclass. I've got a
21 >>> custom version of the fortran eclass in my overlay, but I also have
22 >>> to make a copy of the package I want to use in my overlay and add
23 >>> pgf90 to the list. Easier with Gentoo than other distros, but still a
24 >>> bit of a haste.
25 >>>
26 >>> Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know if the devs have
27 >>> a good reason not to include pgi in portage or if they just haven't
28 >>> got around to it?
31 >> I would be happy to create an ebuild if someone buys Gentoo a license.
32 >> But the more general solution that needs to happen is for
33 >> fortran.eclass to get a way to override the known-working compiler
34 >> list in ebuilds.
35 >>
36 >> Thanks,
37 >> Donnie
42 Andrew Fant | And when the night is cloudy | This space to let
43 Molecular Geek | There is still a light |----------------------
44 fant@×××××.com | That shines on me | Disclaimer: I don't
45 Boston, MA | Shine until tomorrow, Let it be | even speak for myself
48 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list