From: Gunter Bau <gentoo@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] lustre
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:44:41
1 Am Montag, 28. August 2006 21:30 schrieb Bryan Green:
2 > Does anyone have experience using Lustre (http://www.lustre.org/) on a
3 > Gentoo system? It seems that, in order to give lustre a try on one of our
4 > clusters, we are going to be forced to convert it to Suse, in order to have
5 > support.
6 >
7 > -bryan
8
9 In my experience gigabit ethernet is by far good enough to serve a set of
10 webservers with a few 10 thousands of web pages. If you experience low NFS
11 performance then it may help to use NFS in async mode.
12
13 Afaik Coda and AFS do what you require. I don't know AFS but Coda will not fit
14 to your Hardware infrastructure since it is designed to use more nodes. Also
15 I doubt if it will provide you with more performance then async NFS. Coda
16 (and afaik AFS also) is dedigned to provide exta redundancy of shared data.
17 If you don't mind having a single pont of failure then I would recommend async
18 NFS.
19
20 Gunter
21 --