From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Vote: What next?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:01:50
First off, sorry for not taking more part in the public discussion on
-project, i simply didn't get to read or even respond to it in the
last few days.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 01:31:51PM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> 1) Have an election now;
Would be the option of choice if people want to uphold the letter of glep 39 rather than the spirit, and also it would stall things for quite a while, so it's not the option i'd choose. However, if people want it, fine with me.
> 2) Hold a 1-week vote asking all devs whether we should have elections;
That's definitely my favourite option as it would be the most democratic approach and reflect whatever our folks really want us to do.
> 3) Say that last week's nonmeeting didn't count for any of these > reasons: it was (a) poorly announced, (b) not voted on by a council > majority or (c) not a regularly scheduled meeting; or
Not really a good option i think.
1) Miss a meeting. 2) ? 3) Profit! :-) cheers, Wernfried -- Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org Gentoo Forums - http://forums.gentoo.org forum-mods (at) gentoo.org #gentoo-forums (freenode)