From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54/55 updates [WAS] Council Meeting summary for 26 February 2009
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 07:19:33
1 On 19:19 Mon 02 Mar , Thomas Anderson wrote:
2 > - GLEP 55
3 > There had been quite a bit of discussion on this topic recently.
4 > Within hours of the council meeting new proposals were being proposed
5 > and discussion was ongoing.
6 >
7 > Conclusion:
8 > No decision as of yet. Ciaran Mccreesh(ciaranm) and Zac
9 > Medico(zmedico) volunteered to benchmark the various proposals on
10 > the package managers they maintain(paludis and portage
11 > respectively. Petteri(Betelgeuse) will assist with the portage
12 > benchmarks. Tiziano(dev-zero) and Alec Warner(antarus) will write
13 > up a comparison of the various proposals and their various
14 > advantages and disadvantages within a week.
15 >
16 > - GLEP 54
17 > There had been some discussion on gentoo-dev since last meeting,
18 > though no consensus or agreement had been reached(surprise!)
19 >
20 > Conclusion:
21 > Thomas Anderson(tanderson) and Luca Barbato(lu_zero) will write up
22 > a comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of the two
23 > proposals(-scm and _live). This will be completed within a week.
24
25 What is the status of both of these? If they aren't done yet, why not,
26 what needs to happen, and who needs to do it?
27
28 Furthermore, why do I need to prod people for an update? When you commit
29 to a date, you should be minimally sending out *something* on that date
30 to let us know what is blocking progress. I don't enjoy acting like a
31 mother hen, and I can't imagine it's terribly fun from the other end
32 either.
35 Thanks,
36 Donnie
37