From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 14:59:22
1 On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 13:49 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > tove brought up an interesting point from GLEP 39:
3 >
4 > If any meeting has less than 50% attendance by council members, a
5 > new election for all places must be held within a month. The 'one
6 > year' is then reset from that point.
7 >
8 > musikc questioned whether that was only intended for the regular
9 > meetings or also irregular ones like this.
10 >
11 > Open up the floodgates, folks. What do you think, what should we do? I
12 > look forward to hearing your advice.
13
14 Clarify the GLEP so that it refers to reqularly scheduled meetings only.
15 I see no reason to kick the council out and rehold elections over a
16 miscommunicated special meeting.
17
18 Regards,
19 Paul