From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:04:02
1 On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:11:19 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > >>>>> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > [...] kdebuild-1 needs to remain so long as package managers
5 > > support it.
6 >
7 > We can considerably shorten this discussion, because it boils down to
8 > the following: PMS is an official Gentoo document, and therefore it's
9 > not upon you to make this decision.
10
11 Alright. We'll escalate this to the Council then.
12
13 Council: please vote on the following at the next meeting:
14
15 "kdebuild-1 to be kept in PMS as-is until we're reasonably sure that no
16 users have installed packages that use kdebuild-1. Since kdebuild-1 is
17 no longer actively used for installable packages, when time permits, and
18 to fit in with the normal release cycle, the Paludis team shall take
19 steps to notify users who do have installed kdebuild-1 packages that
20 they should uninstall those packages. This shall be done by having a
21 deprecation check for at least one major version (x.y) series of
22 releases before removal in the subsequent major version (x.z)."
23
24 In the mean time, I'll give Christian a day or two to revert every
25 patch he's applied recently that didn't follow the Council-mandated
26 review process, or I can do the revert for him if he doesn't have time
27 himself.
30 Ciaran McCreesh