From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Agenda for the meeting of July 20th 2009
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 20:09:11
Here's the agenda for tomorrow's meeting. It's a bit more detailed
than usual, let's hope it helps. Let's get all this out of the way in
order to have a meatier meeting next time.

1. Intro (10 minutes inlcuding late arrivals)

  1.1. Make sure that at least a couple people are logging the meeting.

  1.2. Roll call.

  1.3. Any volunteers to chair this meeting?

2. Meeting format (20 minutes)

  2.1. Should the channel be moderated during council meetings?

    2.1.1. If yes, moderate the channel now.

    2.1.2. If yes, should council members watch another channel in order to
    paste ideas/propositions from the latter to the council channel?

      2.1.2.1. #gentoo-dev? (requires +v at least)

      2.1.2.2. #gentoo?

      2.1.2.3. A new one?

      (the above are not exclusive, please vote on each)

  2.2. Do we need a secretary?

    2.2.1. If yes, does the secretary need to be a council member?

      2.2.1.1. If yes, who volunteers?

      2.2.1.2. If no, do we confirm tanderson?

        2.2.1.2.1. If no, make it an action that we look for one (who, by
	when?).

    2.2.2. Do we need a backup?

      2.2.2.1. If yes, volunteers?

	2.2.2.2.1. If no, make it an action that we look for one (who, by
	when?).

    2.2.3. tanderson is away for this week, so if yes to 2.2.1.2 we need to
    look for a secretary for this meeting. Volunteers?

      2.2.3.1. If no make it an action that we look for one (who, by when?).

3. GLEP 39 (15 minutes)

  3.1. Can the council decide on the process of voting amendments to GLEP 39
  without an all-developers vote?

  3.2. If yes, please vote for any of the decision processes below that you
  like, as many as you like. The one which garners the most votes will be
  selected. In case of ties the lowest in the list (i.e. with the highest item
  number) will be selected.

    3.2.1. All developers vote.

    3.2.2. Council unanimity, abstentions and missing votes count as a no.

    3.2.3. At least 6 council members vote yes, abstentions and missing votes
    count as a no.

    3.2.4. At least 5 council members vote yes, abstentions and missing votes
    count as a no.

    3.2.5. At least 4 council members vote yes, abstentions and missing votes
    count as a no.

    3.2.6. The majority of council members present to a given meeting is
    enough.

  3.3. If no to 3.1 make it an action to see with the elections project that
  all developers vote on 3.2 (who, by when?).

4. Meeting schedule (10 minutes)

  4.1. Periodicity. Please vote for both below, the one with the most votes
  wins, in case of tie the lowest in the list wins.

    4.1.1 Every two weeks.

    4.1.2 Every month.

  4.2. Depending on 4.1 and your availability what week would you like to meet?

  4.3. Do we keep using a Doodle poll to decide when in the week we meet?

5. Wrap up, comments, open questions.