From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Voting by mail
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:38:02
Heya,

Am Donnerstag, den 25.02.2010, 19:42 -0700 schrieb Denis Dupeyron:
> In a few words here is the problem. Is it a good idea to allow council > members to vote by email when they're not able to make it to the > meeting?
Yes, it is. (I thought we had agreed on considerung previously noted votes via mail, thus I mailed my votes before our last meething)
> If so how? Should that be done before or allowed to be done > after the meeting?
It should be up to the council member in question - if one feels he's able to vote before the meeting i see no problem with doing so. I've some ambivalent feelings about votes after a meeting though ...
> Do we want to limit the number of members voting by > email for a given meeting? What do we do in case there are more votes > by email than the limit we set? Feel free to add more questions and > your opinion. This discussion isn't limited to council members by the > way.
The number should be somewhat limited to make sure all council members who are able to attend a meeting are present. Having a 50% attendance limit for meetings allows us to have 3 members being able to vote by mail - that might work as an indirect limit. - Tobias -- Praxisbuch Nagios http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/pbnagiosger/ https://www.xing.com/profile/Tobias_Scherbaum