From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:07:05
1 В Чтв, 12/02/2009 в 18:03 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh пишет:
2 > GLEP 55 *is* the good, workable solution. There still haven't been
3 > legitimate any technical objections to it.
4
5 This issue was discussed already... [1]
6
7 If you and think that EAPI is meta-information then it should not be
8 inside file name and then it's possible to parse ebuild and get EAPI
9 from some defined-format line. Performance penalties can be mitigated by
10 some new caching (you know better than me that it's good idea to
11 re-implement caching in any case).
12
13 If it's not meta-information and can be put inside file name, then put
14 it differently, not inside extension. It "breaks current package
15 managers" is not an argument since it's possible to change format now
16 and we'll have this feature later.
17
18 We are already discussing this feature more than year. Many people
19 voiced concerns about .eapi extension so why don't you try fix same
20 issue differently? Yes it's harder and probably longer but I don't
21 believe it's impossible.
24 [1] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_95f3b65a36aaa5aa9635a7f8cb1b7592.xml
27 Peter.