From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC: informal enforcement
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:34:25
1 On 20:45 Thu 14 Feb , Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > On 2008.02.14 20:08, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > My hope is that with no team of people assigned to doing this stuff,
4 > > we can actually build a culture and get more people participating
5 > > rather than having "the people who do that stuff" and everyone else.
6 >
7 > The cynic in me sees the secret-proctors project taking shape.
8
9 No intentions of making this secret..
10
11 > I have a great deal of empathy with the ideal. However, its better if
12 > these 'stop being a dickhead' messages come privately from a respected
13 > college than from a comparative stranger.
14 >
15 > Gentoo is big enough now so that many devs never work/speak with one
16 > another, which is a part of the problem you are trying to address here.
17 >
18 > I don't think we need a group to do this - we already have one. The
19 > developer pool, we need to raise awareness. It needs publicity to
20 > encourage everyone to participate, something like a 'don't be a
21 > dickhead day'.
22
23 Yes, I agree that we need to encourage everyone to participate. I'm
24 simply trying to jumpstart that process to encourage people by example.
25
26 Thanks,
27 Donnie
28 --