From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:12:11
1 Things I'd like to see being discussed are:
2
3 Organizational:
4 - staggered elections ... did we came to a conclusion there?
5 - what happens if we get too less candidates (either by nomination or by
6 _reopen_nominations)?
7 - the Secretary-Job ... we got a volunteer, is that ok for everyone? If
8 yes, I'd like to add something like this to the council page:
9 "On it's first meeting a new council should nominate a Secretary.
10 Depending on the availability of candidates, this might either be a
11 council member volunteering to do it, a volunteering developer or a
12 staff-member or in case no dedicated Secretary is found the council
13 members have to do it in a rotating scheme (either rotate on every
14 meeting or every n times). The Secretary is responsible for keeping the
15 log of the meeting, putting together a summary and publishing it on the
16 council page."
17
18 Technical:
19 - prepalldocs ... do we need more information to decide? Should I ask on
20 -dev to get more input?
21 - Bugs remaining:
22 234711 - GLEP 54: scm package version suffix
23 234713 - GLEP 55: Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
24 234716 - Extent of Code of Conduct enforcement
25 What is the status for them?
26 - DVCS ... dberkholz mentioned it and I think we should take another look/get a status update
27 - Homepage: any news on reorganizing the index? any news on the redesign? Can the council push this by trying to delegate the task to someone?
28 - GSoC: where are the results? Why aren't they on the front page? If beacon is usable, can we set it up on the page to edit docs/pages?
35 Tiziano Müller
36 Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member
37 Areas of responsibility:
38 Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin
39 E-Mail : dev-zero@g.o
40 GnuPG FP : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5 4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30