From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o, gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] eapi3 riders
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:35:23
1 >>>>> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Brian Harring wrote:
2
3 > Just nudging y'all to see if there is any complaints w/ slipping a
4 > few riders in w/ eapi3 (aka prefix).
5
6 > 1) punting AA
7 > 2) punting KV and it's friends
8
9 We voted in the last council meeting that we won't put any additional
10 features into EAPI 3. So I think that you need good arguments if you
11 want us to revise that decision.
12
13 > 3) the fun one. mtime preservation (bug 264130).
14
15 This is already included, see again December council meeting.
16 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20091207-summary.txt>
17
18 The only feature that I think is worth reconsidering:
19
20 4) Support for unpacking .xz files
21
22 It's an extension, therefore backwards compatible, and zmedico has
23 already included it in Portage (EAPI=3_pre2 has it).
24
25 Should we have a vote per e-mail about the above (1, 2, and 4)?
26 I think we should finalise the EAPI 3 feature list now and don't
27 reiterate it at the next council meeting.
28
29 Ulrich