From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Election voting period and type
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:02:42
Ok so we have the council majority saying we should have some kind of
elections. I don't think a 1-week vote (option 2) makes a lot of sense
any more as normal elections are closing any way. What we should decide
is if we go with the traditional 4 weeks nominating and 4 weeks voting
or a shorter 2+2. I think we should go with the 2+2 to get back into
working order faster and the time should be long enough for anyone
actively working on Gentoo to notice. We already have people who have
offered their services as election offices so if enough council members
put +1 here we can get the ball rolling immediately.

Regards,
Petteri