From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:04:22
>> We can considerably shorten this discussion, because it boils down >> to the following: PMS is an official Gentoo document, and therefore >> it's not upon you to make this decision.
> Alright. We'll escalate this to the Council then.
No need for that, as it has already been voted on in the 2008-04-10 council meeting (repeating it, as you've added gentoo-council to CC): | The council voted that kdebuild-1 and other unapproved EAPIs could | not be in an approved PMS document. The spec isn't a place for | proposals or things that will never be submitted for approval by the | council. It's a specification, a reference of what is allowed in the | main tree.
> In the mean time, I'll give Christian a day or two to revert every > patch he's applied recently that didn't follow the Council-mandated > review process, or I can do the revert for him if he doesn't have > time himself.
Don't. Ulrich