From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
Cc: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:15:23
1 On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 17:18 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >> Council: please vote on the following at the next meeting:
4 >>
5 >> "kdebuild-1 to be kept in PMS as-is until we're reasonably sure that no
6 >> users have installed packages that use kdebuild-1. Since kdebuild-1 is
7 >> no longer actively used for installable packages, when time permits, and
8 >> to fit in with the normal release cycle, the Paludis team shall take
9 >> steps to notify users who do have installed kdebuild-1 packages that
10 >> they should uninstall those packages. This shall be done by having a
11 >> deprecation check for at least one major version (x.y) series of
12 >> releases before removal in the subsequent major version (x.z)."
15 > As pointed out many times to you. kdebuild has nothing with do with
16 > Gentoo proper. I see no reason that it should concern the council at
17 > all. I do not intend to vote on this item and consider the matter EOF.
18 >
19 > If you continue to mail bomb the council list, it will be considered
20 > abuse.
23 Thank you so much for this mail. I would have been very disappointed
24 if this discussion had continued wasting everyone's time, bandwidth
25 and inbox space. From where I'm sitting, Ciaran's tirades have been a
26 complete waste from every angle. I know I represent the feelings of
27 the entire Gentoo community when I say this.
28
29 I hope he takes a hint from this email, but somehow I know he won't.
32 Regards,
33
34 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
35