From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
Cc: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>, "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Council meeting summary for 8 November 2007
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:30:13
1 On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 08:59:57AM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > > I think it should be very important to get something besides crappy git
3 > > over http to do this, and I presume that's one of the offerings you're
4 > > talking about.
5 > This would be preferred, as I would assume Gentoo has more rebust infra
6 > than my raid backed Gentoo hardened home server.
7 >
8 > git over ssh is trivial to setup and use as it's the default. So I would
9 > assume the non trivial bit is allowing ssh access, but restricting what
10 > a full ssh account shell can do on the box in question.
11 Those parts are actually both trivial to do, and are already in place
12 for the Git repos on the main CVS machine. Trickier (and in progress) is
13 limitation of actions inside Git, to prevent non-fast-forward merges
14 for example.
15
16 > Development has now actually stopped and will resume once I know where
17 > the master repo is going to be unless anyone knows if I can start a git
18 > repo from a baselayout snapshot and then "push" it's commits to the main
19 > repo, or I can get a svn dump of the current baselayout and make a
20 > master git repo from that which then becomes the master? Maybe someone
21 > with more git knowledge could clarify?
22 I'll see if I can get you a converted repo up ahead of the actual repo
23 being accessible to everybody else.
26 Robin Hugh Johnson
27 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
28 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
29 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85