From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Meeting format
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:20:44
1 On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Doug Goldstein<cardoe@g.o> wrote:
2 > This will be the truth for most US based Gentoo developers/council
3 > members. So this is something that really needs to be addressed
4 > properly because obviously changing the times back to where it worked
5 > the best for US based Gentoo council members didn't work in the past
6 > and resulted in the change to work for the EU based people. The
7 > constant push and pull just won't work.
8
9 Although it is desirable there is no reason why the meeting time has
10 to be at a specific and constant time. We can adjust based on council
11 members' availability. I'm sure though that we'll select a meeting
12 time that won't change much if at all during the whole term. That said
13 we are working on this and it looks like early evening CET and lunch
14 time MDT/PDT looks like the best time. Right now the majority of EU
15 based members makes that US based members aren't really in a position
16 to set the time (and fortunately I moved recently or poor solar would
17 be alone ;o) ), but I'm sure we'll find a solution which satisfies
18 everybody.
19
20 Denis.