From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o, gentoo@××××××.us
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: Stepping back from council duties
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 18:40:49
Ferris McCormick wrote:
> Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote: > > Try thinking about this from a different perspective: What is best for > > Gentoo? If the rules are broken, they should get fixed instead of > > blindly followed.
Agreed, but it needs to be a clear procedure. "more positive than negative" isn't a clear and comprehensible criteria as it leaves much room for discussion. Fixing broken rules with another may-be-somewhat-broken rule won't help us.
> To save some virtual trees, I'll respond to your other email about your > and Ciaran's "nobody" proposal. Good idea, put me in the "support" > column.
Count me in as well for that idea. Having that "nobody" person running in the election allows us to have a clear and comprehensible breakup between those candidates who could easily fill a gap and those who don't (and therefore when it's time to hold an election for a person filling that gap). It still leaves one question open: What to do when "nobody" is elected on the 5th or 6th position (or even the 1st ...)? Tobias -- Gentoo Linux - Die Metadistribution http://www.mitp.de/5941 http://www.metadistribution.eu https://www.xing.com/profile/Tobias_Scherbaum