From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:24:00
On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:30:20 +0100
Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh wrote: > > ...and there weren't any legitimate technical objections. > > Beside "it doesn't solve anything". A perfect solution for non > existent problems isn't a viable solution.
Have you been paying any attention at all? Without GLEP 55, we can't change global scope behaviour. This means no per-cat/pkg eclasses, no new global scope callable functions, no changes to inherit, no fix for the eclasses needing a particular EAPI problem and no new bash versions.
> > The only thing that can parse ebuilds is bash, > > False.
Please provide one other thing that can parse ebuilds, and demonstrate how to use it to do metadata generation. -- Ciaran McCreesh