From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Voting by mail
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 09:18:07
1 On 2010.03.01 15:37, Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
2 > Heya,
3 >
4 [snip]
5
6 > > If so how? Should that be done before or allowed to be done
7 > > after the meeting?
8 >
9 > It should be up to the council member in question - if one feels he's
10 > able to vote before the meeting i see no problem with doing so. I've
11 > some ambivalent feelings about votes after a meeting though ...
12 >
13 [snip]
14 >
15 > - Tobias
16 >
17 > --
18 > Praxisbuch Nagios
19 > http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/pbnagiosger/
20 >
21 > https://www.xing.com/profile/Tobias_Scherbaum
24 Voting before the meeting suggests that the council members mind is
25 closed to any discussion that happened, or may happen at the meeting
26 itself. Personally, I don't like the sound of that.
27
28 However, if the council members wish to vote entirely by email
29 and announce the vote result (no discussion) at the meeting that's
30 fine, as the vote happened after discussion was done.
31
32 In summary, votes must only be cast after discussion is done.
33 That can be all by email, some at a meeting, others by email after the
34 meeting.
37 Regards,
38
39 Roy Bamford