From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Agenda for September 14th meeting
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 21:58:23
1 On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:49:35 -0400
2 Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > > I suggest asking any potential candidates to start by addressing bug
4 > > 282470. That should give a good indication of how well they're
5 > > going to work with the people who do the grunt work on PMS
6 >
7 > I'll happily take over PMS, I'll start by summarily closing that
8 > USERREL bug with my newfound
9 > PMS powers. See, all we need is a bit of benevolent dictatorship...
10 > wait, what?
11
12 Whilst I appreciate the offer Andrew, I'd hope the Council would
13 appoint someone who has a long history of working with the PMS team and
14 who understands the processes involved and the implications of the
15 various kinds of changes that can be made. I'm afraid I find it hard to
16 see your qualifications for the role from your contributions thus far.
19 Ciaran McCreesh