From: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Council Agenda proposal for upcoming 2010-07-26 meeting
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:55:52
1 Hi,
2
3 following is the Council Agenda proposal for the upcoming meeting on
4 Monday, July 26th.
5
6 * allow all members to show up (5 min)
7 ** vote **
8 add --as-needed to default profile's LDFLAGS
9 ** discuss / vote **
10 - required-use: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/required-use.html
11 - review eclass removal policy
12 should it be 2 years since portage 2.1.4.4 went stable?
13 - should there a policy about eclass API changes?
14 - use of invalid DEPEND atom "EAPI_TOO_OLD" instead of calling die in
15 global scope on eclasses
16 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_dee3aab5e8c840ed3fa4add9c7d74b97.xml
17 and replies
18 - mailing lists
19 should we post council agenda to -council? -dev? -project?
20 some devs suggest we should cross-post to -dev and -council
21 but not everyone likes cross-posting as it can lead to fragmentation
22 Petteri suggested punting -council and using -project instead
23 * go through bugs assigned to council@g.o
24 * open floor: listen to developers
25
26 ---
27
28 If you have something urgent not included above, please reply to this
29 thread.
30
31 ---
32
33 Note that I haven't added a duration to anything but the rollcall.
34
35 Instead, I recommend we follow a 10 minutes per topic rule.
36
37 If a topic's discussion passes the 10 minute mark without reaching a
38 decision, we move further discussion to the mailing lists.
39
40 If we need to vote for that topic, we move it to the next agenda
41 with a *vote* flag.
42
43 Items with a *vote* flag cannot be moved a second time (unless there's
44 new data to consider), so they must be settled at that agenda's meeting,
45 in an attempt to avoid endless discussions.
46
47 What do you think?
50 Alex Alexander :: wired
51 Gentoo Developer