From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Secretary & President
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:32:32
1 On 11:01 Sat 07 Feb , Tiziano Müller wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, den 06.02.2009, 14:12 -0800 schrieb Donnie Berkholz:
3 > > I agree that splitting president and secretary into separate roles
4 > > is a great idea. I feel strongly that rotating these positions often
5 > > will result in both roles being ineffective, because it takes time
6 > > to get even decent at either of them. Does anyone want to return to
7 > > the 4-hour meetings we used to have?
8 >
9 > Can you maybe outline the tasks the Secretary has to do besides
10 > uploading the log and generate a summary and where it gets
11 > complicated? Because I currently can't immagine where these tasks need
12 > much of a training.
13
14 That depends on whether you just ramble on and write stuff or whether
15 you communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately. Writing things for
16 the appropriate audience in a way that tells them only what they want to
17 know and doesn't waste their time with extra info is nontrivial, in the
18 same way as writing a clean ebuild is. Anyone can write an ebuild, but I
19 sure wouldn't add most people's first tries to the main tree.
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24
25 Donnie Berkholz