From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy regarding the inactive members
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:02:54
On 2010.04.11 14:16, Markos Chandras wrote:
> Hello folks, > > Looking through the Council project page, the policy regarding the > inactive > council members doesn't look optimal to me > > "To ensure that the council stays active, the chosen metastructure > model says > that if a council member (or their appointed proxy) fails to show up > for two > consecutive meetings, they are marked as a slacker."
[snip] Markos, Thats from GLEP39. The council has already ruled that they cannot change GLEP39 without a general vote of all Gentoo devs. This suggests you need to present your proposals as an amendment to GLEP39 and that all devs need to vote on it. Others have already pointed out a few issues with your proposal, so I'll stop there. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees