From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Meeting format
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 03:20:16
This is not within the councils power to get rid of. The users voted for GLEP-39 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0039.html which states our requirements. Should it not be up to them to change it? Note personally I think the mark is childish as written for the most part and got rushed in some 5 years ago. But it does have some validity in that it seems to yield council members to stepping down from the council before returning to the slack nature that we all need from time to time. Re: Best times for meetings.. Ok so I generally am employed from the hours of 9-5 M-F PST (GMT-7). The company I work for can have official meetings any day of the week any hour of the day with not much more than an hours notice. I've been in the meeting/council channel for over 5 years now. So I clearly have an interest in what we are doing as a meta distribution, but If I'm unable to make a meeting and it's scheduled in the time-frame of my work hours then I can guaranty nothing. It's more likely that I'd have to be in/out for the duration of the meeting. If proxy is required then I'd call for a semi perm proxy of the next in line on the vote rankings. At least till it causes a personal conflict of interest. We can vote on the +m/+v thing if you want to make it official. But it seems we had a general consensus from everybody that this is what would be best.