From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-council] Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:24:26
1 On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:06:15PM +0300, Petteri RRRty wrote:
2 > On 07/18/2010 06:47 AM, Alex Alexander wrote:
3 > > On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 03:13:22AM +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
4 > >> I cross-posted this email to both gentoo-dev and gentoo-council mls as
5 > >> Brian used the former and Alex started this thread in the latter. Which
6 > >> ML do we want to use?
7 > >
8 > > IMO we should be using gentoo-council@lists.g.o for this.
9 > > Afterall, we are talking about the Council meeting agenda.
12 > I have advocated shutting down this mailing list because usually the
13 > threads could as well be handled on gentoo-dev or gentoo-project (would
14 > start to have more use for gentoo-project). Maybe this council is
15 > supportive of the idea.
16
17 From my standpoint, -project was created purely to bannish threads of
18 pointless bickering to; -council theoretically *should* serve a
19 purpose, but the cross posting crap really limits that.
20
21 I'm well aware there are RFC's out there, and some folk w/ strong
22 opinions that cross posting is the path to hell- that said it's *very*
23 useful for getting folks attention, keeping people in the loop.
24
25 If there is to be no cross posting, then -council ml is kind of
26 worthless. As for -project... from a growth standpoint we probably
27 need to keep the two seperate although I personally do not find that
28 divide to be useful.
29
30 My 2 cents, as it were.
31 ~harring