From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Agenda for September 14th meeting
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 18:16:27
I agree. I'd like the Council to appoint a qualitied PMS leader who is empowered to moderate posts to gentoo-dev@ from people who consistently post FUD about EAPI and PMS related issues. I believe that doing so will substantially reduce the amount of noise involved in the discussion, and will enable us to have sensible PMS related discussions without them being derailed by trolls. Also, it'll be harder for those trolls to post nonsense like "PMS isn't for Portage" and "PMS is about Exherbo, not Gentoo" if a Gentoo developer is prepared to step in and address all the crap instead of leaving it to me... I suggest asking any potential candidates to start by addressing bug 282470. That should give a good indication of how well they're going to work with the people who do the grunt work on PMS. -- Ciaran McCreesh