From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] prepalldocs (was: Council log and summary for meeting on 02/12/09)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:56:41
1 * Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>:
2 > Technical Issues:
3 > - Prepalldocs
4 > Should the 'prepalldocs' be allowed in current EAPIs?
5 >
6 > Conclusion:
7 > Prepalldocs is banned in current EAPIs(0,1,2). It should be
8 > removed from ebuilds. Petteri Räty(Betelgeuse) will make QA
9 > checks for repoman.
10
11 You only did half of your job.
12
13 Do we want some docs being compressed, others not?
14 Do we want to have compressed docs at all?
15 What do you expect from maintainers now?
16
17 To me it means: Instead of using prepalldocs I will move the docdir to
18 a temporary place and dodoc every file back to docdir. Insane.
19 Maybe I add a function named prepalldocs to the ebuilds that does the job.
20
21 Thanks.