From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Vote: What next?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:29:04
On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 13:31 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> People keep asking us for action or a decision one way or the other, and > we can't seem to get enough of us saying the same thing at the same time > to do anything. > > To get some movement here, I'd like to get a concrete response from the > council in this thread for how we should proceed. Here's some options > that have been mentioned: > > 1) Have an election now; > > 2) Hold a 1-week vote asking all devs whether we should have elections; > > 3) Say that last week's nonmeeting didn't count for any of these > reasons: it was (a) poorly announced, (b) not voted on by a council > majority or (c) not a regularly scheduled meeting; or
#1 and #2 are stupid. #3 is the only option. It was a non-meeting. I noticed in one of your mails that somebody thought I was supposed to attend cuz I was proxying for vapier a few days before. It's ridiculias to assume that either one of us even knew there was a meeting. Plus.. Council already meet it's requirements for 1 open monthly meeting. So.. Don't be fooled. The foundation or anybody else can't force you do step down or hold new elections. Why? Cuz nobody did anything wrong. -- Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> Gentoo Linux -- gentoo-council@l.g.o mailing list