From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Next council meeting will be on Monday 8th at 2000UTC
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 05:10:29
1 (In case you read somewhere the meeting was on Tuesday 9th, well,
2 guess what, I screwed up. It's actually on Monday 8th)
3
4 The next council meeting will be on Monday 8th at 2000UTC. Please note
5 the slightly unusual time: it's one hour later than usual. That's
6 21:00 for those of us in western Europe, 3:00PM for US east coast and
7 12 noon for US west coast.
8
9 Please make sure you discuss the topics before the meeting because we
10 will likely not have time for much more than voting. On top of that
11 council meetings are not the right place for technical discussions and
12 heated debates (both have a 100% chance of going nowhere). The place
13 where ideas should be proposed and discussed, where consensus need to
14 be reached, is the mailing lists. Don't count on your council members
15 to be creative, they're way too lazy and clueless for that.
16
17 I'm just now starting to work on the agenda with the target of
18 proposing it for review to the council over the coming weekend, but I
19 already know it's again going to be packed. What will for sure be on
20 the agenda are GLEPs 58 to 61 and the VDB issue (although I still have
21 to sort out this mess of a thread and bug). So, again, please make
22 sure you get all the answers you need on the mailing lists before the
23 meeting.
24
25 If you want to propose topics just post them to this thread. There's
26 no point asking us to discuss your half-baked project or idea though
27 because we'll end up canceling it due to disagreeing on the colors in
28 the output log.
29
30 Denis.