From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] I'm resigning
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 05:09:33
After thinking about it for a couple of weeks, I've decided to resign
from the council. I think the management and unification provided by the
council is critical, but I just don't have the time to commit on a
regular basis that's necessary to do a good job. I'm trying to finish my
Ph.D. and applying for postdoctoral fellowships, and along with my new
daughter, that means I can't promise any regular commitment of time.

Instead, I expect to spend what Gentoo time I have thinking and talking
about our future direction and working to innovate rather than managing
that innovation. I have the utmost confidence that others can fill my
place on the council. Therefore, it's more important for me to focus on
innovation, which I feel is driven by individual developers, including
me. I'm very excited to restart working on projects that I've mostly
dropped because of my council commitment, such as helping with the git
conversion, spending more time on PR, and finishing the test-suite
framework for eclasses, among other things.

I'm still available for advice about anything council-related, so feel
free to ask at any point.

--
Thanks,
Donnie