From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] Council size & terms [WAS] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for January 22
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:01:34
1 On 18:57 Thu 22 Jan , Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > > I'm in favor of a fixed size of council members, I'd like to see at
4 > > > least 5 council members *if* developers want to change the size.
5 > >
6 > > What is your reasoning for this?
7 >
8 > To make sure different views are represented in council's decisions and
9 > to make sure the decisions are well-balanced. This can be partially
10 > accomplished with having, say, 3 council members, of course - but well,
11 > it's 5 to make sure.
12
13 Listening to different views can also be accomplished by simply having
14 an open discussion before making a decision. I don't think there is any
15 requirement that these views are reflected in a decision, just that they
16 are considered (and perhaps discarded).
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie
21
22 Donnie Berkholz