From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] Council size & terms [WAS] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for January 22
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:01:34
On 18:57 Thu 22 Jan     , Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
> Donnie Berkholz wrote: > > > I'm in favor of a fixed size of council members, I'd like to see at > > > least 5 council members *if* developers want to change the size. > > > > What is your reasoning for this? > > To make sure different views are represented in council's decisions and > to make sure the decisions are well-balanced. This can be partially > accomplished with having, say, 3 council members, of course - but well, > it's 5 to make sure.
Listening to different views can also be accomplished by simply having an open discussion before making a decision. I don't think there is any requirement that these views are reflected in a decision, just that they are considered (and perhaps discarded). -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Developer, Gentoo Linux Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com