From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Steen Eugen Poulsen <sep@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC enforcement proposal
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:41:11
On 20:23 Thu 08 Nov     , Steen Eugen Poulsen wrote:
> Donnie Berkholz skrev: > > This is a bit later than I intended because of real life interference, > > but here's some ideas for how to enforce the CoC. It's a little long, > > sorry about that; we can push off the vote again if we don't have a > > majority of people prepared for it by the meeting. > > > > I separated it into problem, conceptual solution, and implementation so > > you can decide which levels you like and which could use tweaking. > > I don't understand this discussion. > > Your saying you don't trust the people to do the job so they need to be > looked over the shoulder every second, this creates a bad environment > for them to do the work and is a sure fire way of making things fail, > because you don't use positive psychology.
Could you point me to where I said something about looking over their shoulder every second? I didn't think an annual review was that onerous. Are you talking about the team's lead approving its major actions? That seems like basic management to me. I'd like to understand your point, but I don't. Thanks, Donnie -- gentoo-council@g.o mailing list