From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC enforcement proposal
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:42:26
On 16:42 Thu 08 Nov     , Wernfried Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 04:05:07AM -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote: > > All this team's actions must be approved by the lead within a short time > > period or must be reverted. It's expected that many actions will range > > from 6-12 hours, so 12 hours seems like a reasonable time to require > > lead approval. Whenever the lead is unavailable, approval falls to the > > council. (Remember, two council members together can make decisions.) > > I like the spirit, but I'm not sure how feasible this is in practice. > In any case, they should be documented (e.g. sent to some private list > where the lead and council can see it).
I agree that it would be infeasible if this were a regular occurrence. My and Ferris's expectations were that it would be fairly rare, but we don't have much real-world data to bear that out. Could you share some from your experience with the original proctors? Thanks, Donnie -- gentoo-council@g.o mailing list