From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC enforcement proposal
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:42:26
1 On 16:42 Thu 08 Nov , Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 04:05:07AM -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > All this team's actions must be approved by the lead within a short time
4 > > period or must be reverted. It's expected that many actions will range
5 > > from 6-12 hours, so 12 hours seems like a reasonable time to require
6 > > lead approval. Whenever the lead is unavailable, approval falls to the
7 > > council. (Remember, two council members together can make decisions.)
8 >
9 > I like the spirit, but I'm not sure how feasible this is in practice.
10 > In any case, they should be documented (e.g. sent to some private list
11 > where the lead and council can see it).
12
13 I agree that it would be infeasible if this were a regular occurrence.
14 My and Ferris's expectations were that it would be fairly rare, but we
15 don't have much real-world data to bear that out. Could you share some
16 from your experience with the original proctors?
17
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie
20 --