From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Cc: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: Nominations open for 1 council slot
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:14:16
You will soon find this in the meeting logs: 20:25 <@dberkholz> i'm not opposed to dev-zero per se, but i think we've already gone too far down the list. as i mentioned on the -council mailing list, more people would have nominated themselves had they thought that not enough good potential members were already there. [...] 20:30 <@dertobi123> dberkholz: *shrugs* ... we're still in the upper half of the list, compared with the 2007 list i don't get where we're going to go too far down. [...] 20:32 <@dberkholz> dertobi123: you can also consider this a test of the voting system to actually get things done fast enough so it doesn't delay council activity at all. [...] 20:33 <@dertobi123> dberkholz: i could, but i don't see why we shouldn't follow the steps which worked in the past few years [...] 20:34 <@dberkholz> dertobi123: because 5 of the council members would rather do something else. =)