From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] January 2010 meeting date
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:00:44
1 On Sunday 20 December 2009 09:49:09 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 15-12-2009 09:54:36 -0700, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
3 > > I will be following up discussions on various mailing lists to prepare
4 > > the agenda. If you already want to suggest topics feel free to reply
5 > > to this thread. You'll get a second chance with the meeting reminder
6 > > approximately two weeks before the meeting. I will be sending a
7 > > message about the two topics which did not make it last time and
8 > > explain why. I should have sent that much earlier but well... you
9 > > know...
10 >
11 > I'd like to council to discuss the current *$^&!! policy of
12 > -dev-announce and -dev. I'd propose to at least implement the following
13 > behaviour such that I:
14 > - don't have to see some mails 3 (!) times and many 2 times
15 > - don't get lost where the mail is/was
16 > - get broken threading because the original mail was sent to another
17 > list
18
19 get a sane mail client that automatically handles messages with duplicate ids
20 and references. cant say ive ever noticed a problem with kmail.
21 -mike