From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Improving Council operations with a web application
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:29:43
1 http://gentoocouncil.petteriraty.eu/
2
3 I have a couple times said that the council could make use of a web
4 application to handle things. In celebration of the holidays I did some
5 initial work to get feedback on the issue. I created a simple rails
6 application where you can create questions and vote on them if you are
7 registered and signed up. Here's what I am thinking for this to be truly
8 useful in no particular order:
9
10 1. use openid to authenticate council members via
11 http://dev.gentoo.org/~nick/
12
13 2. every gentoo developer may put issues for the council to vote on
14
15 3. handle agenda items for meetings
16
17 4. email notifications about new votes and if someone hasn't voted
18 inside some timeline
19
20 5. handle glep submission timelines automatically
21
22 Some benefits that come to mind:
23
24 1. easier to vote outside monthly meetings
25
26 2. security. Currently we don't really even check if council members are
27 authenticated on IRC and most of us probably don't use SSL to connect
28 there when authenticating.
29
30 3. People can find out votes before the official summary is done. I
31 think the summary should still go into CVS but this can make it easier
32 to create it
33
34 If you think this would be something that we could use, I can continue
35 to make this usable.
36
37 Regards,
38 Petteri