From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] mtime preservation
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:01:47
1 On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:14:20 -0700
2 Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
4 > <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > I honestly don't think we should be going anywhere with this until
6 > > Portage is using a mechanism that guarantees correct sub-second
7 > > resolution preservation in all cases.
8 >
9 > Any idea, or even the beginning of one, of how to make that happen?
10
11 My understanding is that someone with Python knowledge would have to
12 write an external C library that provides a replacement for stat and a
13 wrapper for either utimensat or futimens.
16 Ciaran McCreesh