From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-council] Vote: What next?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 03:13:22
1 > People keep asking us for action or a decision one way or the other, and
2 > we can't seem to get enough of us saying the same thing at the same time
3 > to do anything.
4 >
5 > To get some movement here, I'd like to get a concrete response from the
6 > council in this thread for how we should proceed. Here's some options
7 > that have been mentioned:
8 >
9 > 1) Have an election now;
10 >
11 > 2) Hold a 1-week vote asking all devs whether we should have elections;
12 >
13 > 3) Say that last week's nonmeeting didn't count for any of these
14 > reasons: it was (a) poorly announced, (b) not voted on by a council
15 > majority or (c) not a regularly scheduled meeting; or
16 >
17 > 4) Something else. (What?)
18
19 I don't know the relevance of my opinion on this topic but what the heck.
20
21 1 = lame
22 2 = less lame
23 3 = least lame
24 4 = cant comment on non-existence so how about no?
25
26 Seriously, this wasn't advertised enough, the decision for the meeting IIRC
27 was made at the tail end of your regular meeting and continued even when
28 other Council members had already left. I do wish more, if not most, of you
29 showed for the meeting but I cant hold it against you when it was announced
30 the way it was (end of meeting and via logs about a meeting you had attended
31 so why would you read them).
32
33 I think voting you guys out would be lame. I like that word regarding this
34 topic. :) I personally will vote for each of you again should you choose to
35 run in the next election.
36
37 Regarding that #!$$#@% about Trustees trying to take over control of
38 Council, you really don't even want to get me started on my thoughts at that
39 but expletive expletive expletive should cover that nicely. It is sooo not
40 what the Trustees were voted in to do, that being to handle many legal and
41 non-technical matters. If ever there would be a reason for developers to
42 quit, I would cite that as a prime candidate. Sorry, to my knowledge we
43 didn't ask for a take over.
46 Kind regards,
47 Christina Fullam
48 Gentoo member of stuff but speaking her own mind in case it offends some
49 people on this list. ;-)
55 gentoo-council@l.g.o mailing list