From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Question I had while writing my devmanual patch about eclasses
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:23:46
1 On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Thomas Anderson<gentoofan23@g.o> wrote:
2 > While writing the devmanual patch that I agreed to write for removal of
3 > eclasses I came across the very vague definition of "deprecating"
4 > eclasses before removal. Ulrich(last name ommitted to avoid stabbing ;-) )
5 > and we came up with the following for the process of deprecating an
6 > eclass:
7 >
8 > a. make sure nothing in the tree uses it any more
9 > b. announce deprecation on -dev
10 > c. put a warning in pkg_setup
11 > d. add a line containing exactly "# @DEAD" for vapier's man pages
12 >
13 > Please vote so we don't have to go over this in a meeting. I personally
14 > am fine with it, but my vote matters little.
15 >
16 > --
18 > Thomas Anderson
19 > Gentoo Developer
21 > Areas of responsibility:
22 > AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council
26 Looks good from here. ++
29 Doug Goldstein