From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Initial Meeting Summary for Yesterday's meeting.
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:30:06
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 06:42:03PM +0300, Petteri R??ty wrote:
> Thomas Anderson wrote: > > > The council voted to reinstate Ciaran's editbugs privileges over the > > strong protests of Ned Ludd(solar) who said it would destroy > > timestamp information for detecting who removed his privileges in > > the first place and was against established infra process. > > It's worth noting that solar only pointed out the timestamp issue after > it was done not before announcing the intention to do so. Granted we > could have acked with less speed but I didn't see any reason to spend > more time on the issue. For my part Ciaramn could have the privs back > and if infra wanted to do further research I had no problem with that.
That's quite tough to put in a summary to be honest, when there are all sorts of opinions on a decision. I tried to keep a balance between all the parties in the new version, which is attached.
> Regards, > Petteri >
Thanks for the comments guys. -- --------- Thomas Anderson Gentoo Developer ///////// Areas of responsibility: AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council ---------

councilsummary-20090611.txt text/plain